Like all good "A-Teams" we are always looking for talented people to join our expanding firm.
Do you have what it takes to become an A-plus accountant with One Accounting?
Our Current Vacancies
Bookkeeping & VAT Controller – February 2021
Are you a star but not being allowed to shine in your current role? Why not come and twinkle in our team. We really do believe that you need great people to build a great business. We’ll not go into all the clichés – if you are right for us, we won’t need to tell you what we are looking for in our team.
We are a well established , award winning and growing accountancy practice in the West End of Edinburgh. Due our continued expansion we are now seeking a friendly, experienced and organised Book-Keeper and VAT expert.
In return we’ll offer you a competitive salary and flexible working in a forward thinking business. Work/life balance is important so you’ll start with 30 days holiday a year which increases with length of service. We also offer a company pension scheme and attendance bonus. We have some really great clients and you’ll be given responsibility for your own portfolio but will also play a significant role in helping us build the business.
The position can be either part-time (3 days per week minimum) up to full time 5 days per week. Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions the role will initially be home based, with the potential to have a mixture of home and office based working in the future. Ideally you will live within travelling distance of Edinburgh, but this is not essential.
If you’re the right person for this role you’ll be described as being great with clients, focused on getting jobs completed and having high work standards. Here are the main features of the role.
1. You’ll be responsible for managing the all of the client bookkeeping and VAT returns for the firm. You’ll be supported by other members of the team including our trainees and our client managers. Our mantra is that ‘we never miss a deadline’ so you’ll need to be well organised but not afraid of being assertive with clients and your colleagues to ensure the work gets done well before the VAT filing deadline.
2. You’ll be responsible for organising and controlling client records and for processing them through Xero add-ons such as Receipt Bank.
3. You’ll be responsible for quality control on the jobs by using checklists and improving them and updating them.
4. You’ll check that Vat codings are correct so that our clients are paying the right amount of Vat.
5. You’ll be a Xero certified consultant, and also ideally have experience of Freeagent.
6. You’ll be responding to client queries and chasing answers to our queries.
7. You’ll help to deliver Xero training to clients and helping set Xero up for new clients.
8. Ideally you are currently working in an accounting practice or have had recent experience of that. We’ll also consider applications from people who have book-keeping and VAT experience within a group of linked companies. If you have book-keeping experience but haven’t worked on several businesses at the same time, then this role is probably not for you.
How To Apply
Please send your cv to email@example.com. In your covering email you should highlight some of your main achievements and tell us more about your experience of managing several clients at the same time.
Interviews will be held on Zoom, and you’ll get the chance to speak to our Directors and other members of the team as part of the process.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to One Accounting by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the One Accounting Directors, One Accounting reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.