Self Assessment Tax Returns

Services » Personal Tax » Self Assessment Tax Returns

If you're a company director who receives dividends, then you need to submit a self assessment tax return each year. This also applies if you're a self employed sole trader, are in a partnership, or own rental property. Although you can submit your own tax return online with HMRC, we wouldn’t encourage it: the software isn't user friendly, the process is complex and requires you to enter ‘nil return’ fields for items that do not affect you.

So, we can prepare tax returns for business owners and make sure they’re submitted on time. We have a small and joined up team: so the same client manager that looks after your business accounts will also prepare your personal tax return. That means there’s no need to explain the same thing to two different departments (unlike some of the larger accounting firms…).

Attention to detail is our number one priority, and all tax returns are fully reviewed and approved prior to signing by one of our Directors.

We prepare your self-assessment tax returns from the information you provide along with any salary and dividend information we’ve prepared for you. We’ll submit the returns electronically to HMRC on your behalf and will let you know how much you need to pay in plenty of time so you can make the payment.

Nice and easy. Like self assessment should be…

Had enough of the stress of self assessment? Let us help. Get in touch here or give us a call on 0131 220 0152 – we’d love to have a chat.

Other personal tax services