Do you have what it takes to become an A-plus accountant with One Accounting?
Our Current Vacancies
Payroll Administrator - Part-Time (Homeworker)
The post is part-time for 1 ½ - 2 days per week across the month. We have excellent IT systems so this position is suited for someone who wants to work from home. Ideally you will live within 2 hours of Edinburgh to make occasional office visits to work and join in with team training and social events.
Reporting to our payroll manager, you will need to be able to work independently, using your own initiative and be driven to provide a top quality service for clients.
This will be a very rewarding role for a self-motivated person.
If you’re the person we’re looking for… You’ll be…
Friendly, enthusiastic and conscientious … You’ll have high standards and be described as courteous, mature and a relaxed team player…reliable, organised and efficient, a make-it-happen person.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly and weekly client payrolls using IRIS Payroll Professional, knowledge of XERO would be advantageous
- Submission of RTI Reports to HMRC
- Dealing with client queries about any aspect of their payroll, tax, NIC, tax coding, PAYE balances
- Efficient management of joiners and leavers, issue of P45
- Liaising with new clients about their payroll and pension set up and ensuring we get payroll right from day one
- Submission of auto-enrolment reports to various pension providers
- Delivering high levels of client care at all times. Small businesses need to pay their staff the correct amount and on time, so you must have impeccable attention to detail
- You will manage 25-35 clients but will be expected to take on additional payrolls to cover the payroll manager at holiday time
- You will have worked in a dedicated payroll position with at least 2 years experience
- Ideally you will have worked in a practice where you have managed multiple client payrolls
- You will have a good understanding of the Auto-Enrolment rules and have experience of submitting reports to The Pensions Regulator, pension companies and dealing with queries from both clients and pension companies
- You must be confident calculating salaries moving within tax and National Insurance thresholds
- You must be confident dealing with different pension set ups
- You will have a good understanding of year to date figures and how to reconcile those to previous accountant’s records
- Ideally, you will have had some experience of P11Ds although training will be provided
- You will have a fast and reliable broadband service to connect with our cloud server
- You will have a home office or study with a printer. We can provide a laptop and set up a dual-screen environment
- We envisage the job requirement will be for 1 ½ - 2 days per week, or 6 – 10 days per month. As most payrolls are run towards the end of the month then you may work one day per week some weeks, and 2 ½ - 3 days per week towards the end of the month. You must be comfortable with this, to meet the needs of our clients
- You can structure your working day around your family life
- We will pay for all telephone calls and have an internal team chat system
- Training on our systems will be provided by our payroll manager (who also works remotely)
Delivering excellent levels of client service, our Client Managers are part-qualified accountants with experience of preparing year-end accounts, corporation tax and personal tax returns. You will have two to five years experience in an accounting practice, have a great eye for detail, and be comfortable in using cloud technology. As well as managing a portfolio of limited companies and sole traders, you will have the chance to expand your skills with management accounts preparation, Xero training and managing client project within the firm.
You will have at least one years work experience in an accounting practice, and will be undertaking some book-keeping, VAT returns and potentially year end accounts preparation. Most importantly you will have a can-do attitude, a good eye for detail, and the desire to undertake professional qualifications.
Why would you want to work for us?
Good question! We offer:
- A competitive salary and annual attendance bonus
- Commission if you bring new clients into the firm
- Company pension scheme
- Study support packages
- 28 days holiday plus extra holidays for long service
- Flexible working conditions
- Friday afternoons off in the summer
- A great work location in a historic building in Edinburgh's Dean Village
- A friendly team environment with supportive Directors
How Do I Apply?
It's simple. Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "The A-Team" and we will be in touch to arrange an initial phone chat.